My printer does not recognize the cartridge

- Cartridges with a print head (All HP, Lexmark, some Canon)
This is caused by weak contact with the printer, or dirty contact points on the cartridge or printer. Clean the print head and the printer with a lint-free cloth or paper towel dipped in alcohol, distilled water or a non-greasy cleanser. Clean in a circular motion.
Try reinstalling the cartridge. “Drop” the cartridge into the holder and slightly wiggle the cartridge a few times to ensure correct seating. Then lock the cartridge in place.

- Cartridges without a print head (Epson, most Canon, Brother, Xerox)
This is most common when using remanufactured Epson ink cartridges with a chip in the front of the cartridge. The reason is that the chip is not properly connecting with the printer. Try pushing it firmly down and make sure it is properly seated. If this does not solve the problem, turn the printer off, remove the cartridge and reinstall, making sure it’s correctly seated. Turn the printer back on and see if the cartridge is recognized. If not repeat this process until it is.

Click here to watch our Ink & Toner TroubleShooting Videos at Inkgrabber.com!

10 Responses to “My printer does not recognize the cartridge”

1. 1 hai wei June 30, 2014 at 11:35 pm

It still would not work. I have changed two new Brother CL51M megenta ink cartridge already and have turned it off, unpluged the printer many times. But when I pluged it back it still said ‘ ink empty, megenta’. I guess it is the sensor can not sense the new ink cartridge.
    What should I do?

2. 2 brother mfc-9970cdw review July 22, 2014 at 8:29 am

You can unquestionably visit your expertise inside perform you’re. The globe desires for far more enthusiastic authors just like you who seem to usually are not afraid to cover how they believe. Constantly comply with the heart.

3. 3 Cataldo July 23, 2014 at 11:51 am

Post ricco di idee. Sul punto in di cui hai scritto negli ultimi tempi ho visto parecchio,
    ma penso che questo sia particolare. bye

4. 4 plumbing help wilmington nc July 25, 2014 at 8:56 pm

You need to have the capacity to serve your clients the freshest nourishment you can.
    In today’s unstable economy, iit is more important than ever to save money throigh preventing expensive
    problems before they can happen. Finnancial management iis simplified through
    a complete array of tools including payroll,
    workers compensation, Union, payables, receivables and a host of comprehensive accouhting reports.

5. 5 cheftalks.tumblr.com July 29, 2014 at 6:08 am

Examine the frame to see if there are any noticeable cracks, and look for
    huge portions with rust. The bottom line is: it gives you that needed versatility.If you have a Henckels knife set it is best to keep them in the block
    that comes with the set.

6. 6 Emergency Cashkit August 24, 2014 at 6:33 am

It’s going to be ending of mine day, however before end I am reading this great post too increase my know-how.

7. 7 tacoma yellow pages August 26, 2014 at 2:47 am

Saving and managing contacts on the Nokia 6790 can be done by going to Menu >Addr.
    If your product is sub-par, no amount of Internet marketing will change that.
    Still educating himself about the intricate system of how to do submissions, he is enjoying the chance to live on this tropical island.

8. 8 http://www.chu-rouen.fr/tersan/doku.php?id=adobe_photoshop_cs6_crack August 26, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative and entertaining,
    and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the
    head. The problem is something that not enough folks are
    speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I
    stumbled across this during my search for something concerning this.

9. 9 Asphalt Airborne August 26, 2014 at 5:50 pm

I got this site from my friend who shared with me about this web page and at the moment this time I am browsing this web page and reading very informative posts at this place.

10. 10 best coffee makers August 27, 2014 at 2:05 am

Hopefully, this article has made it easier for you. All you need to do is set up the coffee maker
    with your choice of coffee, fill it up with the aount of water
    that you require, push a button and enjoy your
    coffee. So there you have this author’s version of a coffee maker review.

Tell us what you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s